Q: Car stalls when stopped, jerks in motion

Hi. My car has started stalling when I stop the car at the red light for example. Another issue occurs while the car is in motion. Then it starts jerking. When I went to the shop, the mechanic told me that I should replace the ECM computer. A cpouple of days after it had been replced, the car started having the same problems with stalling and jerking yet again. What could be causing this? Thanks.

Have the computer checked for codes to see if the EGR system is malfunctioning. The ECM is not a common failure, and the failure may be caused by the EGR system or the engine having a misfire in one or more of the cylinders. The wire harness on these vehicles has very small pins and sockets and are very susceptible to connection issues at any of the engine sensors. This can cause multiple codes to be stored in the computer. The list of possible connections that could have a problem is very long and includes the ECM and all the engine sensors. The first place to look is at the connections to the crankshaft and camshaft sensors. If you would like to have this diagnosed, a certified technician from YourMechanic can come to your home or office to inspect your stalling issue and recommend the appropriate repair.

3. Car stalls when stopped, jerks in motion