Q: my car will turn over but not cranking up.

ok hello. first, thanks for your time, i have a mercedes c320 automatic. i drove it that day from work and stopped at sonic with the car running it just idled rough briefly and went dead. i tried several times to crank it but no luck. finally it cranked but at such a low idle it was barely running. i tried pushing the gas petal but it would not rev up while running at this low idle.it died shortly after and would never crank again but turns over great. i changed the crank sensor but same thing. please help. for my son to go to school.

The symptoms you described lead me to believe that you have a fuel delivery-related problem. I suggest that you check for fuel pressure at the fuel rail. If pressure is within factory specifications, I would then do a fuel flow test to determine if there is a blockage, like a very dirty fuel filter. Refer to the factory service manual for your vehicle to determine test parameters, pressure, and flow specifications for the exact location of your fuel filter. A certified technician, like one from YourMechanic, will have the tools and knowledge to perform the required tests in order to diagnose your starting issue.

3. my car will turn over but not cranking up.