Q: my vw 04 beetle ticks when idling, the ticking goes away when you give it gas.

Hello, my 04 vw beetle has been making a ticking noise when idling. it ticks only when idling, and if you give it gas it stops and then resumes after about 1 min of idling. the car sounds and drives normal when you drive it. there is no check engine light and I do not feel any loss of power when I am driving it.

Here is the url for the youtube video with the sound: https://youtu.be/1pc09Iys2Nw what could it be? I hope the engine is not toast or close to being toast :) thanks

The problem sounds like you have low oil pressure and and engine knock due to engine rod bearing or crankshaft bearings are worn. You may also want to have front crankshaft pulley checked to see if it is bad before condemning engine.

3. my vw 04 beetle ticks when idling, the ticking goes away when you give it gas.