Q: Engine is rattling

When I accelerate the gas, the engine makes a rattling noise and when I come off the gas, it still makes the same noise. It originally started when I pushed the gas now it's doing it all the time. Now it cuts off on me if I'm at a light.

Hi, thanks for writing in. This problem could be as simple as a loose bracket connected to the engine, or an internal engine problem such as a worn connecting rod bearing. Check the oil level immediately - a low oil level can cause engine damage quickly. If you would like help, consider having an expert automotive technician from YourMechanic come to your home or office to inspect and diagnose this issue for you, and make or suggest any repairs as needed.

3. Engine is rattling