Q: Noticed a small spot on my driveway, I think I may have a tiny oil leak. Is it still ok to drive?

asked by on October 19, 2016

Noticed a small leak on my driveway a couple of small spots is it ok to drive? I plan on getting it serviced as soon as possible

Transmission fluid is leaking Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote
Oil/Fluid Leak Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hi there. A couple of small spots is sure sign that something is leaking. What color are the spots? If they are dark they could be engine oil, if red they could be transmission fluid. A leak is something that you really don’t want to put off as this could lead to other internal problems if the fluid level drops low enough.

Check the fluid levels before driving to ensure they are in their respective safe zones on the dip sticks. If not, then add the correct fluid needed until it reaches the safe zone and have it inspected immediately. If you’re unable to pinpoint the issue yourself, YourMechanic has several available technicians that can assist you with an oil leak inspection and provide you with an estimate and direction of repair.