Q: 04 Buick Le Sabre. Couple days ago the word volt popped up on the dash.

asked by on September 24, 2017

04 Buick le sabre. Couple days ago it turned off on the freeway, the word volt popped up on the dash. Pulled to the side of the road. Started back up but it started to shake and drive rough. It still accelerated past 30. Still went past 90-100.however during acceleration the check engine light blinks when it goes past 30. Autozone tells me it needs a tune up. Couple days later , I get the full tune up, plugs, wires , and filter. Guy fixing finds out one of the coils is working. We go get another coil. And it still isn't working. So I suggested if it was the ignition control module. And he says it could be. But I don't have the money for it til next payday. Could this be the problem to why I'm not getting over 30. Oh and btw it goes over 40-50 and so on eventually. But it only does this when I let off the gas and tap on it lightly then let off of it and start tapping on the gas again. So back and forth doing that gets it over 50. But I can't do something like that getting on to the f

Engine hesitates during acceleration Inspection $79.99 - $99.99 Get a Quote

Yes, it could be a problem with the ignition module, but I’m still concerned about your "Volt" warning. Before you replace any expensive electronic parts, you need to do a check of the charging system. If there is a problem in the charging system that is causing improper system voltage, or even AC voltage, that can damage your electronic controllers and cause all sorts of bizarre behaviors. If you are working with a true professional, he will be able to check the system with a scope that will show any aberrant voltage. After you have verified that is OK, You can check out ignition modules and such. You can have that done at your convenience by contacting YourMechanic. They can send a technician to your home or office to check out your Buick and let you know what can be done for it.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr