Having trouble opening hood l4-2.7l tacoma toyota levers ...

Q: Having trouble opening hood

asked by on February 05, 2016

I am having trouble opening the hood of my Toyota Tacoma. I have tried pulling on the release wire, pushing down, and pulling up on the hood. I read somewhere about a hood release under the engine, but was not able to locate it.

There is a release mechanism under the hood, but it may be difficult to locate and manipulate. Often, the mechanism needs to be lubricated once it does release. I highly suggest having a trained mechanic, like the ones we have here at YourMechanic, come out and give you a hand with your hood issue.