Q: Having trouble opening hood

asked by on February 05, 2016

I am having trouble opening the hood of my Toyota Tacoma. I have tried pulling on the release wire, pushing down, and pulling up on the hood. I read somewhere about a hood release under the engine, but was not able to locate it.

Lubricate Hood Hinge $79.99 - $99.99 Get a Quote

There is a release mechanism under the hood, but it may be difficult to locate and manipulate. Often, the mechanism needs to be lubricated once it does release. I highly suggest having a trained mechanic, like the ones we have here at YourMechanic, come out and give you a hand with your hood issue.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr