Q: How do I turn off the check engine light after changing the timing chain?

asked by on September 27, 2016

Recently changed timing chain on a Nissan Patrol 2009 TB48. After that, the car indicates check engine light. Our mechanic told me the car must taken to a computer garage to turn off the engine light. But I have a doubt.. one of my friends told me before that there is no program needed to turn off the light after changing the timing chain. If you know please share

Hi, thanks for writing in. I’d be happy to help. Once the check engine light is on, the computer memory will need to be cleared. This has to be done with a computer scanner hooked to the OBD-II connector. If you have a computer scanner, you won’t need to go to the mechanic.