Q: 2004 ford focus wagon overheats randomly then kools

2004 ford focus wagon overheats randomly then kools when pressing gas or when stopped for 3 minutes. If overheats to quickly steam will come out. last year Changed the fan, water pump housing and thermostat. But started overheating again about 2 months ago.

Hello, thank you for writing in. The vehicle may be having issues with the components you already replaced, or there may be another problem. At this point, you will want to look into the engine temperature sensors, the radiator cap, coolant level and condition, and the thermostat. You can scan the vehicle for diagnostic codes (even without a warning light) to see if the computer had detected an issue with the sensors. Intermittent issues can also be caused by a sticking thermostat. From there, make sure the fans are turning on when they are supposed to. Only further testing will tell. If you would like assistance with diagnostics, contact our service department to schedule an appointment.

3. 2004 ford focus wagon overheats randomly then kools