Q: Stalls/Dies only in reverse - 1991 Dodge Dakota

The truck will start up and drive just fine. Works in all gears except REVERSE. It will just die. I have tried giving it gas but it still dies. I checked all the sensors that i could get to and connectors. I am out of ideas!

Hey there, thanks for writing in. You’ll need to check that the shifter linkage has not rubbed against any wires causing a short. If they are fine, your most likely culprit may be the neutral safety switch. To pinpoint the problem, consider having a certified mobile technician from YourMechanic come to your car’s location to diagnose the stalling issue and guide you through appropriate repairs.