Q: are the 2004 - 2008 TL and TSX parts interchangeable ?

asked by on March 05, 2017

I have a 2008 acura TSX that needs and new rack and pinion. I have a 2006 acura TL rack and pinion that like to swap it into my TSX. Is this possible?

The simple answer is no, unfortunately. They are different units with different mounting points and connection locations. Also, they are of different ratios - how many turns the rack & pinion is able to make. When replacing the rack & pinion unit, be sure to perform a wheel alignment afterwards. Also, if any of the power steering hoses look questionable, replace them at the same time to save on future labor costs.