Q: My car radio will not turn off when I open my driver door.

This week out of the blue my radio will not turn off unless I pull the RELAY out. I'm not sure if it's something with my door or not, but when I open my door it doesn't turn off like it use to. Any suggestions?

Hello. You need to start by checking to see if the dome light comes on when the door is open. If it does not then the door switch may be the issue. If it does then you more than likely have an issue with the RAP relay but it can also be the control module that is supposed to control the retained accessory system. If you want to have this radio issue checked, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to you to [diagnose why this electrical system is acting up] https://www.yourmechanic.com/services/electrical-components-are-not-working-inspection

3. My car radio will not turn off when I open my driver door.