Q: Car won't start after battery replaced

asked by on February 02, 2016

My car won't start, and it's not an issue with the high-voltage battery because I had that replaced already. I had a mechanic tell me that I had a wiring issue.

Car is not starting Inspection $79.99 - $99.99 Get a Quote

Engine starting on a hybrid is more complicated than a gasoline car. The starter is also the alternator and a drive motor. It is located in the bell housing in between the engine and transmission. There’s a lot more computer involvement. The only way to diagnose it is to be there with the proper tools. A qualified mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, can inspect your vehicle and determine what is causing your no-start condition.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $65/hr