Q: Car stuck in park

I can't get my car out of park

Car does not shift from park to drive Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hi. All new cars have safety features that make it difficult to put the vehicle into gear. This is done to prevent accidental shifting which can be dangerous if a child decides to engage the gear. A certified mechanic can inspect the shifting problem with your vehicle. Also, there is a switch on the brake pedal that tells the computer that your foot is on the brake. If this brake switch has failed, this will not allow you to shift your vehicle. If you need further assistance, I recommend you have a mechanic, like one from YourMechanic, inspect the brake system and the shifting issues.