Q: rattling noise when engine idles. load engine noise during acceleration like glass packed muffler

start car and sounds like a rattling sound front of car. upon acceleration loud engine noise like you would her with a souped up car with glass packed muffler.

This may be related to loose exhaust parts such as exhaust mounting brackets, or potentially a bad or failing catalytic converter. As you may know, the catalytic converter has a honeycomb-like structure inside of it which helps to convert toxic exhaust gases into less harmful pollutants. When this honeycomb-like structure begins to deteriorate, the pieces tend to rattle around inside the converter housing which can cause a rattling sound as you describe. If this is the case, however, you may also notice a check engine light on. A certified YourMechanic technician can be dispatched to your location to help inspect your vehicle’s rattling noises and suggest any necessary repairs.

3. rattling noise when engine idles. load engine noise during acceleration like glass packed muffler