Q: rattling noise when engine idles. load engine noise during acceleration like glass packed muffler

start car and sounds like a rattling sound front of car. upon acceleration loud engine noise like you would her with a souped up car with glass packed muffler.

This may be related to loose exhaust parts such as exhaust mounting brackets, or potentially a bad or failing catalytic converter. As you may know, the catalytic converter has a honeycomb-like structure inside of it which helps to convert toxic exhaust gases into less harmful pollutants. When this honeycomb-like structure begins to deteriorate, the pieces tend to rattle around inside the converter housing which can cause a rattling sound as you describe. If this is the case, however, you may also notice a check engine light on. A certified YourMechanic technician can be dispatched to your location to help inspect your vehicle’s rattling noises and suggest any necessary repairs.

• rattling noise when engine idles. load engine noise during acceleration like glass packed muffler