Q: I just changed my rear pads and rotora, now I have a grinding noise in reverse only.

asked by on July 30, 2017

I just put new pads and rotors on the rear. Now when I am in reverse I get a loud grinding noise. It also makes the noise when in neutral and push my car backwards. Did I mess something up when I replaced my brakes to cause this?

You need to first remove the tires again and verify you put the pads in correct with back plate of pads facing out and make sure the thin dust shield is not rubbing the rotors. Also make sure the pad silencers are not touching the rotors.