Q: My car starts but it wont move when i put it in any gear

asked by on December 26, 2016

the car was driving fine then it started to take a minute before it would shift gears i stopped checked the fluid it was ok started it back up and now it wont move

Transmission Fluid Service $125.08 - $467.45 Get a Quote

Hi There, It sounds like your car may be low on transmission fluid or the fluid may need to be changed. As you know, automatic transmissions use pressurized hydraulic fluid to change gears. Every time a gear change is required, the car’s computer activates a transmission solenoid, which directs transmission fluid into the valve body to engage the correct gear. When this is faulty or not working properly, this can cause a delay in gear shifting or in some cases cause the car to not shift at all. This type of problem is amplified any time the transmission is low on fluid creating a drop in hydraulic pressure. I would recommend having a professional from YourMechanic come to your location to diagnose and inspect your car.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr