Q: My oil filter cap broke

Ok so Saturday I decided to do my first oil change on this car (I bought this car on January 2016). The oil filter cap was very tight so eventually I loosen it but it cracked. I went to the dealer and bought a new cap; somehow when I tried installing it, it got cross threaded. So I quit the oil change until yesterday. I ordered a second cap at OReilly. I pick it up today and tried installing it but it won't go in, its like it wants to cross thread, weird part of this is that the cracked cap goes in with no problems.

A: It's very possible that the threads on ...

It's very possible that the threads on the housing were damaged or warped when the old filter cap was overtightened so much. If neither of the new caps will cleanly go in, then I would recommend replacing the entire oil filter housing. Unfortunately failed oil filter housing are a very common issue for BMW.