Q: Car is in Limp Home mode with multiple transmission codes

Hi my car has trouble codes its an automatic transmission a 5hp in it .theses are the codes po700,798,733 plus abs codes they say left and right not present also it has a signal can egs any suggestions the car sat for awhile also .

A: The codes you’re getting are transmission e...

The codes you’re getting are transmission error codes, The CAN EGS refers to a lack of communication between the electronic transmission controller and the other modules in the car. CAN is Control Area Network, the line of communication between all of the modules. Even the ABS codes may be related because the transmission gets it’s vehicle speed data from the ABS module, and if there is a CAN problem, the transmission module is trying to work without that data. These issues have to be sorted through one by one, probably beginning with the ABS issues and moving on to the CAN problem. It could be that solving those issues may take care of the other transmission codes once the EGS module starts getting all of the data it wants. Or it may be that there are more problems. Contacting Your Mechanic can bring a technician to your home, or wherever the car is currently check out your car and advise you as to what steps to take to sort this out.