Q: New codes after fixing previous problem

asked by on October 01, 2016

Had the camshaft position sensor replaced along with the connector. Now I'm getting code p2311 and P2311P. Did the mechanic maybe wire the connector wrong or is this another issue?

Check Engine Light is on Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hi there, thanks for writing in. Code P2311 points out a problem with the ignition of cylinder #4. The spark is most likely not lasting long enough. There may be another issue going on with the vehicle. I’d recommend checking the ignition coil, spark plugs, and plug boot for signs of wear or damage. If you would like help with having these inspections performed, consider having one of our expert automotive technicians come to your home or office to look at and diagnose these issues for you, and make any repairs as needed.