Q: Taurus won't engage any gears the column will still move through gears Fluid looks fine problem happened out of blue

Had no tranny issues with 99 Taurus 3.0 and all of a sudden leaving a red light tranny slips and have nothing. Neutral and park still engage but no reverse, drive or OD. Doesnt feel like it even grabs them and now the engine has a hard high idle at startup that comes down after 30 seconds to normal. Fluid looked fine, haven't checked pan yet, but had a friend watch linkage as I shifted and appears linkage is fine though a lil bit loose at the bolt and nut. No codes thrown either. Sound like a pump or TCC?

Hello, thank you for writing in. Start by tightening up the linkage. You can even make adjustments to the linkage to compensate for wear. The transmission pan should be taken off and inspected. If there are any signs of mechanical failure such as metal shavings in the pan, you know you have a bigger issue inside the transmission. If the transmission fluid looks fine, and there is no metal in the pan, you want to turn your attention to the pump and the torque converter. In particular, you want to check that the torque converter is sending power to the pump. For more help with diagnostics, and help repairing the issue, contact our service department to schedule an appointment.

3. Taurus won't engage any gears the column will still move through gears Fluid looks fine problem happened out of blue