Q: I changed the fuel pump and now my gas gauge doesn't work

I changed my fuel pump and now my gas gauge doesn't work

A: The fuel level sender on this vehicle is co...

The fuel level sender on this vehicle is connected to the fuel pump module that goes in the fuel tank. When you were installing the fuel pump module back into the fuel tank you may have inadvertently bent or damaged the the fuel gauge sending unit. If the sending unit arm got bent when installing it then it will bind up on the metal anti slosh plates inside the fuel tank. You will need to remove the fuel pump module and repair or replace the sending unit.