Q: New front tires and aligned, but tires are different sizes

When pulling out of the dealership yesterday, the light came on alerting me of a tire problem (not on before tire replacements). The new tires were replaced on the front of my vehicle plus they were aligned. The report said: 15 50 17 for the new tires. The old tires had been 15 60 17. Should the new be the same as the old ones and is that the problem of the warning light?

I would have the tire size double checked as a 60 series tire will generally be taller if the profile number does not change. The tire light is probably due to a failed tire monitoring system initialization which should have been carried out after the tires were replaced. You may want to have the dealership check out this issue as they were the last ones to work on it. They should be able to provide an explanation on the tire size change and properly initialize the tire pressure monitoring system.

3. New front tires and aligned, but tires are different sizes