Q: Car door handle from outside is got free and on pushing, it is felt very light and does not open the door.

Where we insert the key on driver side, we twist and then open the door with handle and hence on pulling, the door opens. But in my car, the handle has got free and on pushing, it doesn't do anything and feels very light.

So how can I repair it? Or what to do? Please advice . Thank you.

Door will not open Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hi there. Based on what you have written above, it is probably a good idea to have a professional mobile mechanic come to your location and complete a door handle is not working inspection. This will allow them to determine what is causing the interior door handle to malfunction and recommend the right repairs.

Hello. With such low mileage you shouldn’t be having any type of issue with your vehicle. Luckily the problem that you’re describing is likely a minor issue and you can still open the door from the outside. It may be something as small as the cable coming off of the door handle behind the door panel or possibly something a little more of a headache like a door actuator not working properly. A technician such as those we provide here will be able to remove your door panel and take a look at the components and tell you what will need replacing to have your door operate normally again. You can find a technician in your area by clicking this link. https://www.yourmechanic.com I will also get a quote sent to you for the diagnosis of your door not opening.