Should I buy a new or used air conditioner compressor for...

Q: Should I buy a new or used air conditioner compressor for my car?

asked by on July 14, 2017

my name is Etnaica and my compressor just broke. i got on the site Ebay where they sell original used parts for my car. what can you guys advice me, the used original ones or just buy a new one. I'm planning to sell my car

Buying a used air conditioning compressor could lead to more problems. You could easily end up having to do the job twice and a new compressor is not so expensive that I would take that chance. The good news is that you don’t have to pay the dealer’s retail price for a new part and there are a lot of aftermarket manufacturers and rebuilders who can sell a compressor for considerably less. You can also contact Your Mechanic to have a technician come out to your home or office and replace your air conditioning compressor right there on the spot.