Q: My 2005 Kia spectra hit a pothole now the car will only go in reverse will not drive forward

I hit a pothole and my car will only drive backwards and not forward

You may have potentially caused some damage to a speed sensor resulting in the vehicle not properly sifting in and out of gear. The transmission speed sensor reads the rotational speed of the reluctor wheel, located within the transmission. The speed sensor also controls the anti-lock braking system. Driving with a bad speed sensor usually causes the ABS to malfunction and can lead to loss of braking power and/or an accident. When this is not working properly, you may also notice the transmission hesitating to shift gears, erratic tachometer readings, the speedometer not working properly or the odometer not working properly. I would recommend having an expert from YourMechanic come to your location to diagnose and inspect your vehicle.

3. My 2005 Kia spectra hit a pothole now the car will only go in reverse will not drive forward