Q: Cost of engine replacement in 2000 Volvo xc70

I'm considering purchasing a salvage vehicle ( an 00 Volvo xc70) if the cost of needed repairs ( it needs a new or rebuilt engine) is cost effective- versus buying new/presented. I need to know what I should expect to pay for this type of repair both from a dealer and a perhaps a private mechanic.

Hi there. Unfortunately, this is a service that our mobile mechanics are not able to perform. Engine replacement has become a growing industry in many large cities, with more specialty shops that offer this service specifically. It’s difficult to give you an estimate for replacement or rebuilding, however, I’ve seen rebuilt engines being installed for $2,000 (including engine parts and labor) in some local shops where I live. You might want to complete a local search for engine rebuilds for Volvo’s in your area and call them directly.