Q: Permanent DTC Code cylinder 4 misfire on Jeep Wrangler

asked by on May 19, 2017

Check engine light came on for a cylinder 4 misfire. I had all plugs, coils and gaskets replaced. I now have a permanent DTC Code on my car. Maybe this happened because my check engine light was on for a while but now it will not clear out with a scanner. I had a drive test done on the car and it cleared the code for about 5 minutes. I am 99% sure my jeep is fixed. I just would like to know how to clear the code so my check engine light will stay off.

Check Engine Light is on Inspection $79.99 - $99.99 Get a Quote

Hi there. The best way to clear any stored error codes in your ECU is to have one of our professional mobile mechanics come to your location and complete a check engine light inspection using a professional digital scanner.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr