Q: Permanent DTC Code cylinder 4 misfire on Jeep Wrangler

asked by on May 19, 2017

Check engine light came on for a cylinder 4 misfire. I had all plugs, coils and gaskets replaced. I now have a permanent DTC Code on my car. Maybe this happened because my check engine light was on for a while but now it will not clear out with a scanner. I had a drive test done on the car and it cleared the code for about 5 minutes. I am 99% sure my jeep is fixed. I just would like to know how to clear the code so my check engine light will stay off.

Hi there. The best way to clear any stored error codes in your ECU is to have one of our professional mobile mechanics come to your location and complete a check engine light inspection using a professional digital scanner.