Q: Rear right turn signal/brake light not flashing properly

asked by on September 13, 2016

My car uses the outmost 2 of the 3 bulbs of each rear brake light as the turn signal. On the rear right side, the second turn sigal bulb (the middle of the 3) comes on when I turn on my headlights, but does not flash when I press the brakes, and doesn't flash when I turn on my right turn signal. If the headlights arent on, it wont come on at all. Is this simply an issue with the bulb, or something else?

Hello there, thank you for asking about your 2003 Ford Mustang. The bulb is a dual filament bulb. One filament is for tail lights and the other for brake lights. I recommend removing and replacing the bulb first, then see if it works. If you need to replace a brake light bulb or inspect why your brake light isn’t working, you can have a certified technician from YourMechanic replace it for you.