Q: Rear right turn signal/brake light not flashing properly

My car uses the outmost 2 of the 3 bulbs of each rear brake light as the turn signal. On the rear right side, the second turn sigal bulb (the middle of the 3) comes on when I turn on my headlights, but does not flash when I press the brakes, and doesn't flash when I turn on my right turn signal. If the headlights arent on, it wont come on at all. Is this simply an issue with the bulb, or something else?

A: Hello there, thank you for asking about you...

Hello there, thank you for asking about your 2003 Ford Mustang. The bulb is a dual filament bulb. One filament is for tail lights and the other for brake lights. I recommend removing and replacing the bulb first, then see if it works. If you need to replace a brake light bulb or inspect why your brake light isn’t working, you can have a certified technician from YourMechanic replace it for you.