Q: Do i need to replace power steering pump?

When truck is at complete stop and i try to turn the steering wheel its super stiff and if i rev the engine to 3k rpm it smothens out and its easy to steer all this is done when im at complete stop

A: Hello. I would say you are on the right tra...

Hello. I would say you are on the right track. Another good sign that your power steering pump going out is a whine whenever you try to turn the steering wheel. Also, check the fluid level in your power steering reservoir. Sometimes, low power steering fluid will cause these same symptoms. If it is low, top it off and inspect for leaks. A local expert, like one from YourMechanic can come to your car's location to diagnose the steering so that this can be corrected properly.