Q: Multiple car problems

I have a problem with our car going dead. Just won't start. Plus, the headlights have gone out, as well as the dome lights. There's also a clicking in the doors when we lock them and we can only lock them on the driver's side with the fob, no way else. When we used jumper cables to start the car, I saw a small burst of smoke from the battery terminal. I tried jumping it a 2nd time and it worked. We can drive it, but we can't shut it off without having to go through this same routine. The battery is new, but I had it checked anyway and the shop said it tested great. So what is the problem if it's not the battery? I appreciate your help!

Hello. It sounds like you have a bit of a complex issue going on. The Aveo has a problem with the ignition switch that can cause strange issues like the ones you have described. That would be where I would start my search. A qualified technician, like one from YourMechanic, can come to your home or business to diagnose why your car dies after it starts.

3. Multiple car problems