Q: Repeated engine stalling, even when running and driving

The problem that I am having with my 2007 Jeep Patriot at the moment is simply diagnosing the issue I am having with the engine stalling. This car only has 66,000 miles on it and It will stall randomly, even when the car is driving down the road! Very dangerous! I cannot replicate it to a mechanic, so they are diagnosing it off my my personal account of the problem. I need help! What is happening to my Jeep?

A: An intermittent problem can be one the most...

An intermittent problem can be one the most difficult to correct, since the problem needs to be present to best diagnose it. But there are a few things that can lend to this problem. Some possibilities are the Mass Airflow Sensor; Crankshaft Position Sensor; Loss of fuel pressure. Voltages and range tests can be performed by YourMechanic on suspected components to determine if they are within specifications; Fuel pressure can be monitored while test driving to confirm if it remains within specs. Diagnostic scan tools with the ability to monitor live data can also be used. Even though these test are not guaranteed to pinpoint the problem if it isn’t exhibiting the fault, often enough they can. It is at least an active approach to finding a solution, qualified auto technicians at YourMechanic can do this for you.