Q: The VVT solenoid

The VVT solenoid is broke off inside the motor. Tried drilling it out no luck. Is there another way to access it from the back to push it back out?

A: Hi there, thank you for writing in. The on...

Hi there, thank you for writing in.

The only way you may be able to remove this would be with an extractor. If it will not come out, then the cylinder head will need to be removed and it will need to go to a machine shop to have it removed. This has to be done carefully, because any metal left in the head or any imperfections in the bore will cause some serious issues within the engine, and especially in the VVT system.

If you would like help, consider having an expert automotive technician from YourMechanic come to your home or office to work on the VVT for you.