Q: I need the name of the part that connects my driveshaft to my transfer case.

My front driveshaft on my 2003 BMW x5 needs to be replaced. Can you tell me what the part that the driveshaft spline goes into is called? It connects the driveshaft to the transfer case and it has the grooves that the driveshaft spline fits into. I am trying to purchase it and cannot find the part anywhere.

Hi there, thanks for your question. The part your are looking for is called the slip joint yolk. Best of luck!

3. I need the name of the part that connects my driveshaft to my transfer case.