Q: My heater blower doesn't work how do I test if it is the resistor or blower?

I switch on the fan for the interior heater but no air comes out... I press the AC button it lights up I press the demister it lights up and I noticed a rubber band split when I removed the small panel in the footwell

My car is a vw scirocco 1.4 tsi 2011 model

A: Hello. If the fan is not turning on then th...

Hello. If the fan is not turning on then the blow motor needs to be checked. I usually check for power at the blower. If there is power there then I replace the blower. If not then I check the power going into and coming out of the blower control module. If there is power going to it but not coming out then I replace the module. If it is fine then it may have an issue with the control unit. If you want to have this blower motor problem checked, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to your home or office to diagnose and repair this.