Q: P0786 code ford glaxay, gear shifting jurk or slip

P0786 code ford glaxay, gear shifting jurk or slip

A: This is a common code related to the MAP se...

This is a common code related to the MAP sensor. This can happen for a variety of reasons such as something as simple as a dirty mass air flow sensor which could be causing inaccurate fuel trim adjustments to be made. When this happens the map sensor will register odd changes in manifold pressure which will cause this Check Engine Light to come on.

The reason you are experiencing a jerking or slip feeling at shift points is because the car's engine is starving for fuel at certain points due to the inaccurate fuel trim.

I would recommend having a certified expert help you resolve this problem. If you live in the US, YourMechanic can come to your home or office to diagnose your trouble code firsthand and help you repair it as necessary.