Q: Downsizing wheels

asked by on February 27, 2017

Can I downsize my wheels' size from 18" to 16"?

Wheel Hub Assembly Replacement $142.27 - $649.18 Get a Quote

Hello, and thank you for writing in. While it may be possible with low profile tires and spacers, the clearance for the brake calipers and the lug nut alignment may be an issue. Stock rims for the vehicle are only deigned to drop down to a 17" rim. If you are looking to downsize and keep the vehicle stock, then only go down an inch. If you are okay with making changes to the suspension and wheel assembly, then you can likely make a 16" wheel work for the vehicle. Again, it also depends on the type of rim you are purchasing, and the other dimensions pertaining to it. For more help and inspection of potential rims, contact our service department to schedule an appointment.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr