Q: Belt noises pulley wobbles

My GTO A4 has 59,000 miles on it. It's a great car but it started to make a belt sound like a mild chirp chirp chirp. When I looked closer the crank pulley harmonic balancer wobbles slightly. It hasn’t lost a belt yet though. I was reading about this and it's apparently a LS2 issue. Is it normal for a GTO to have failing pulleys? I am wondering how to fix this. The bolts aren’t loose. I have read that re-torqueing sn’t a permanent fix. Should I just buy an ATI or an OEM? Should I install a SLP or similar under drive? What ideas do you have?

A: Hey there, thanks for writing in about your...

Hey there, thanks for writing in about your 2005 Pontiac GTO. Worn idler pulleys or accessory components along the belt drive system may make noise as a sign the bearings are failing. As far as the brands, stick with OEM parts for the best results and reliability. If you would like an expert come out to pinpoint the problem, have one of our mobile experts here at YourMechanic come to you to find and repair the source of the noise.