Q: Car died, wont start, no dash lights, but every thing else works(headlights,radio etc.).

my 2006 mazda 6 shut off when i was driving and now it wont start and non of the dash lights turn on, except for the red seat belt light and the door open lights. the head lights, and everything else work, just wont turn over and start.

Hi there. When a problem like this occurs, it’s likely caused by an electrical malfunction of some sort. The wiring between the battery and starter can become loose or broken which will prevent the starter motor from functioning. The wiring will need to be replaced or repaired. However, other issues that could cause this problem include an ignition relay, or main relay that is faulty and will need to be replaced. Since there are so many possible causes of your problem, it’s best to have a professional mechanic complete a car is hard to start inspection.

3. Car died, wont start, no dash lights, but every thing else works(headlights,radio etc.).