Q: Why is the airbag light flashing

My check airbag light won't go off

A: Good question. I had the same problem on my...

Good question. I had the same problem on my truck recently and it was the easiest fix but I will go through a few steps to help you find the issue and hopefully find your problem.

1. First of all, my problem was that there was something under the seat causing the light to go off. I just had to remove it and it went away.
  2. Lets check your fuses for your airbags. You could just have a blown fuse.
  3. We need to look under the seat on the passenger side and make sure someone wasn’t sitting in the back seat and just kicked a wire loose. Try to get a good view under your seat. Using both of your hands try grabbing ever wire and making sure the connections are good.

Note: If you have someone looking at the light, it will be easier to find out if that is the problem because the light may go out while moving the wires around.

1. The last step I would recommend taking is trying to reset your codes by disconnecting the battery for 10-15 minutes and see if it goes away after reconnecting the battery.

If you need further help with this, I recommend having an expert diagnose the airbag light in person and assist with further repair.