Q: Car screaming and not shifting.

When driving my car does not shift into higher gears. At 55 MPH, it screams and won't go past 2nd gear.

A: Transmission problems can occur for a numbe...

Transmission problems can occur for a number of reasons. On the Equinox, when I have seen this occur it was due to a problem with the valve body in the transmission. Some of the time it is caused by a failing solenoid, but most of the time it is because there is debris stuck in the valve body. In some rare cases a transmission fluid change will help, but not always. You should get some help from a transmission specialist that has experience with this vehicle.