Q: Brake fluid level keeps going down

I had my rear brakes serviced about six weeks ago. Within two weeks, my dashboard was displaying a message telling me my brake fluid level was low. I took it back to the auto repair shop where I had my brakes serviced, and they said there were no leaks and topped it off. A month later, and the fluid is low again.

Hi there. Your vehicle is experiencing a leak. Whether it is in the brake master cylinder (not visual) or an external leak by the wheels can be determined only in person. It is also possible that shop did not bleed your brakes correctly leaving air in the system causing the "absence" of brake fluid triggering your brake fluid light. Have a certified mechanic from YourMechanic sent to your home to locate the brake fluid leak and make the repairs necessary to resolve your issue.