Q: Air vents cannot turn off on 2006 BMW 530xi

The air vents on my car just won't turn off, even when the engine is turned off. It isn't set on the rest mode, so I was wondering what they still blow air. Do you have any idea? I wouldn't want this to drain the battery.

Hello. The issue you are experiencing with your 2006 BMW 530xi is likely from a faulty blower motor, faulty blower motor resistor or a faulty blower motor control switch. If left on for too long, yes, it will drain your battery. I suggest that the blower motor and blower control switch is inspected by a technician. There could also be a short in the blower circuit causing the blower motor to remain on. If you want to have this looked at, an expert technician from YourMechanic can come to your home or office to have the air vent issue diagnosed and repaired.

3. Air vents cannot turn off on 2006 BMW 530xi