Q: Fuel pump was replaced but it is still not working.

The truck broke down on the side of the road we find out it was the fuel pump we replaced it our selves but the pump still is not coming on.the fuse and relay are good but I'm not sure if there is a fuel shutoff switch or not?if there is where can I find it and if not what should I do next.

A: Hello. If the fuel pump is not coming on, a...

Hello. If the fuel pump is not coming on, and the fuse and relay are good, then it may be possible that there is a problem with the pump or the fuel pump circuit. The first thing I would do is check to make sure that there is power to the fuel pump circuit, and that the relay is in fact sending power to the pump.

If it is not then there may be some sort of wiring issue before the fuel pump relay, perhaps a wiring issue or other problem with the ignition switch. If it is, I would test to see if there is power to the fuel pump itself. If there isn't, then there is likely an issue in between the relay and pump. Another thing to consider is a defective fuel pump. Even if the pump is new, it may be possible that it is defective out of the box.

I recommend having a certified mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, come to your location to determine why the fuel pump is not working and perform any repairs to get your car back in proper working order.