Q: Crank no start

asked by on November 01, 2017

We bought this car from a private seller, he said all it needed was valve cover gaskets replaced, we did that. Put it back together and it cranks but doesn't start. Put a new fuel filter in, tested the fuel pump it was good, changed the crank shaft sensor, spark plugs and fuel injectors. Still, cranks but doesn't start. Only code it reads is p1564 - ecm battery voltage loss. Changed all the fuses under the hood. Still no start. Stumped as to what is happening!! We drove the car home so it was running.... What on earth could it be???

Code P1564 relates to the cruise control system not working properly, which may also be due to the drop in voltage as you have indicated. This may be a result of a faulty ecm. I would suggest having the ecm tested to make sure it is working properly and does not need to be replaced.