Q: car shut off no water or oil in car now won't start

car shut off on road no water or oil in car

A: There are multiple reasons why your Dodge D...

There are multiple reasons why your Dodge Durango may have stopped running. The water in the oil is typically a problem with a blown head gasket, but most of the time a car will stop running completely when there is damage to the timing chain / timing belt or ignition system. However, it's also common for a malfunctioning fuel or ignition sensor to cause a motor to quit running instantly as well.

The best option here is for you to contact a local ASE certified mechanic who can inspect the vehicle on site, weed out any possible issues, and diagnose the stalling problem correctly through testing and gathering more information.