Q: car shut off no water or oil in car now won't start

car shut off on road no water or oil in car

There are multiple reasons why your Dodge Durango may have stopped running. The water in the oil is typically a problem with a blown head gasket, but most of the time a car will stop running completely when there is damage to the timing chain / timing belt or ignition system. However, it’s also common for a malfunctioning fuel or ignition sensor to cause a motor to quit running instantly as well.

The best option here is for you to contact a local ASE certified mechanic who can inspect the vehicle on site, weed out any possible issues, and diagnose the stalling problem correctly through testing and gathering more information.

3. car shut off no water or oil in car now won't start