Q: There is a rattling noise coming from my exhaust when my car is idling.

asked by on November 07, 2016

There is a rattling noise coming from my exhaust when my car is idling. I don't know if it's the heat shield or what.

Loud squealing or rattling is coming from engine Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hello, the exhaust system noise can be created from a heat shield (light tin type sound). Rattling could be from a hanger which support the system. A muffler and catalytic convertor can internally make a rattle type noise. The vehicle would have to be inspected for this issue. If you’d like to have this done, a qualified professional from YourMechanic can come to your car’s location to diagnose the noise in person and proceed with repairs.