Q: There is a rattling noise coming from my exhaust when my car is idling.

There is a rattling noise coming from my exhaust when my car is idling. I don't know if it's the heat shield or what.

Hello, the exhaust system noise can be created from a heat shield (light tin type sound). Rattling could be from a hanger which support the system. A muffler and catalytic convertor can internally make a rattle type noise. The vehicle would have to be inspected for this issue. If you’d like to have this done, a qualified professional from YourMechanic can come to your car’s location to diagnose the noise in person and proceed with repairs.

3. There is a rattling noise coming from my exhaust when my car is idling.