Q: Replacing rear brake pads

I’m replacing my rear pads on my E250. I am at the caliper bolts under the rubber cap. They look like a T-55screw. This is where I’m stuck. The top screw is only 1 and 1 ½” from the leaf spring, and it’s not allowing me to get a bit in place. Do I need a special tool to get to the screw, or do I need to remove the entire mounting plate with the caliper attached? Or do I need to loosen the 4 u-bolts holding axle to the spring to drop the axle in enough to get to the screw? Do you know what to do? Thank you.

Hello! We will be happy to assist you with your 2010 Ford E-250. You will have to remove the whole caliper and bracket as one, then remove the caliper bolts from the bracket once the caliper and bracket is repositioned. Reinstallation is the reverse order of removal. If you need firsthand assistance, YourMechanic can send a technician to the vehicle’s location to inspect the vehicle and install the brake pads for you.