Q: My truck won't start. I put a new fuel pump, cam shaft sensor, cleaned my crank sensor, and put a new battery in it. It will crank but not start.

asked by on March 11, 2017

I was driving and before it broke, I noticed that it didn't accelerate as fast as it normally would. A few days later, I went to work, and parked my truck, when I got out of work I went to start it but It didn't turn on, it would crank but it didn't start, so I thought the battery was dead, So i put a brand new battery and still nothing. Finally it started but the rpms went to about 4000 but it dropped and the truck died. I tried again the rpms went up again but this time it controlled it self. I was driving and then it died again. So I tried the something has before. After the second time it didn't was to start anymore so I pulled it home. Put the new fuel pump, it worked and started but then died. After the second time trying it stayed on for about 1hr or more, then took it for a drive, it was doing fine but then I would push the accelerator and the truck wanted to died and it did. So I changed the camshaft sensor and cleaned the crank sensor. The truck will crank but will not start.

Check the exhaust system for any leaks before the oxygen sensors. This can contribute to having more oxygen in the exhaust stream causing the sensors to register a false reading. If there is no leaks in the exhaust, then check the engine for any vacuum leaks. Look at all of the vacuum lines, the intake gaskets, and the brake booster. A vacuum leak will cause the engine idle to accelerate fast and also cause the engine to stall when the computer brings the idle down. If you need further assistance with your engine stalling, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.