Q: Creaking wood sounds on acceleration

asked by on February 08, 2017

Got transmission, control bushings & engine mounts replaced dec 2016. My car makes loud creaking noises like old wood floor boards when accelerating and during driving.

Car is making a noise Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hi there. There could be a couple of things going on in this scenario. The motor mounts may have loosened and need to be re-torqued. There could also be worn suspension parts that are now creaking under the torqued of the engine as the new motor mounts do not give like the worn ones did. I suggest having a qualified technician perform an inspection to avoid replacing unnecessary parts. Your Mechanic has several available technicians that can assist you with creaking noise inspection.